Hey there amazing family and friends.
I am posting this blog up a little early because I have something special planned for Thursday. On Thursday I am going to be posting some of my favorite places to get gifts from people I know and love. I am a fan of supporting small business and this is my way of giving all my hard working friends a little credit. Hopefully a few sales too.
So I really believe in being thankful everyday but seems it is the week of Thanksgiving it is time to talk about the things I am really thankful for.
1. I live in America- I know this may seem to many that this being the first on my list is strange but I am okay with that. However we live in a place where I get to be free. I am able to make my own decisions and I do not belong to anyone else. I also know just what the cost of that freedom is. So I will always be grateful to live here in the USA.
2. My husband– You already know that this guy is my hero. Here are some things you may not know that make him that. I was a young single mom when we started dating. I was working at my first nursing job and he was also a nurse on the same floor. He never thought of Bryanna as anything but his own child and he has been the best dad he could. He taught her things I never could have. They are both a little hard headed and fight but I have never doubted his love with her. He will tell you that I am the queen and she is the princess.
3. My daughter– She was my world from the moment she entered this world. I was a senior in high school but I knew that she needed a mom that loved her. She was my motivation when I needed a kick in the butt. In so many ways I got to grow up with her. She has no idea how proud she makes me everyday. Over the last few years I have watched her change from my little girl into an amazing young lady, wife and mother.
4. Jarrett and Bentley- My added son and grandson- They officially became a part of the family this summer. Truth be told that little man had my heart the first day we walked into my house. Jarrett has also grown a lot in the last year. He has become a good daddy. He gives me a hard time for so much (mostly being short) but you know what he makes a pretty good bonus son.
5. The rest of my Family– If I sat her and listed them all out you would be reading this post until Christmas and who has time for last. I am blessed to have a very large extended family. All four of my grandparents are still living making 5 generations of us. That is not something many people get to experience. My siblings have wonderful significant others. We are a crazy crew but they are the best. I do have to say I have the cutest Niece and Nephew ever.
6. Nursing- As I reflect on life this time of year it occurs to me that I am so lucky to have made some great friends because I was a nurse. I will admit that I have had my share of nursing burn out. I am starting to love it again. Patients will never understand the impact they have on the life of a health care professional. Some of my friends are nurses too. PS biggest bonus from being a nurse was meeting my hubby
7. Technology- Seriously who can live without it. Nobody in my world. I work as a telephone triage line which is all technology dependent. Plus you know I write a blog and run a business. That business in all social media based. Take the internet away and I will cry.
8. Friends- I told you that some of my best friends are nurses but of course we have some other friends. There a couple that I deserve a little extra love. I have some of the kindest, most loving friends ever. This year we have been able to spend a lot more time with friends and I think it is something I want to do more of.
9. My customers, followers, friends ect. Each one of you has contribute in some way to my business growth. Not always about the sales but instead it is so much more about connecting, sharing and believing in me. As the holidays approach be sure to check back here frequently and look at the free stuff and offers pages.
10. My business. I have recently spent a lot of time thinking about branding and what value I give to those in my world. It is a work in progress but I intend to change the way my business have been run and focus more on my my Jordan Essential and Tastefully Simple business. This is because I am so passionate about helping others live less crazy lives.